Field Study #5 Notes - Sketches and observations
So I did three rough sketches of the three main trees in my area. 3/4 are pine trees and the other is a dead non-pine tree.
What I noticed from these sketches is that a) it seems that the living pine trees in my area don't have any branches at their base, while others in the woods surrounding the area do (are they a different kind?) (Are they unhealthy?)
And b) most of the dead trees in the area seem to have had their tops cut off. A lot of trees in our woods were cut down for lumber (I think), I was wondering if this had anything to do with that or if it was again a health thing.
I also noticed that the majority of the living trees were either pines or young trees...I wonder why this is?



Comments
Post a Comment