Field Study #4

 For this field study I decided to visit at night on October 30, 2021. 

I was there from 8:50-9:00. It was 55 degrees with no rain, almost no rain, and almost no stars visible. 

Sunrise was at 8:15 am and sunset was at 6:39 pm. 


I noticed many different things on this visit because it was night. 

The most noticeable difference was the absence of birds. There was no chirping or flapping. The area was mostly silent except for a few frogs croaking and a slight breeze. 

I believe this is in part because of the time but also because I had traveled by quad, and that probably scared off any nocturnal critters. 


I also noticed how much more obvious car sounds were, they were much louder because everything else was still. There was also the smell of smoke in the air because people had been burning leaves in the neighborhood, and the smell of exhaust because of the quad. 

Comments

  1. Love the noticing of changes/differences! Could the car sounds be partly about leaf fall...listen as you go for this next visit to see if that might be influencing it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1st visit of Field Study

Field Study #5 changes and notices